Pages

Monday 5 July 2010

Hair today, gone on Friday

We trundled down to the local "Alternative Hair Solutions" emporium - wig shop to you and me. The nice lady looked at me and selected a bundle of hair from the display - placed it on my head... it looked exactly the same as my hair! This pleased both her and dear husband immensely, and they couldn't quite understand why I didn't love it immediately - that it looked exactly as my hair had that morning, which was scruffy, and in serious need of a decent cut.
I tried on several different styles - I was particularly taken with a silver-grey reverse bob style - where it's longer at the front than the back - it looked gorgeous on the mannikin. On me it looked like Posh Spice's great grandma... not quite what I was hoping for.
It was quite fun to try different things - many different looks all in the same day - but in the end sanity prevailed. I came away with something that looked pretty much as mine would have just after it had been cut - but with more highlights. Perfectly suitable for interviews, meetings, that sort of thing.

Then I went home and ordered something purple and metallic from ebay... for those "who cares?" moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment