Pages

Wednesday 4 August 2010

Progress report

Went to see the Great Man today... Managed to find an on-street parking place, 2 hour limit but that should be fine, 20 mins early and the last appointment was all done in about 15 minutes... Got to the outpatients department to find a whiteboard notice apologising for the clinic running just over an hour late!!! That makes the 2 hour limit a bit tight... Anyway it wasn't that bad, he seemed to engage overdrive or something similar and after waiting about 20 minutes the patient in front of me went in and was out in less than ten minutes, so I went in only about 20 minutes after my appointment time.
He complained that the lump is getting difficult o measure as it's shrinking so fast... I figured that is a pretty good problem to have! He confirmed that the possibly metastatic lymph node is "gone" - at least he can't feel it and it's showing no signs of being a problem. It will be removed at some point just to be on the safe side but it doesn't seem to be a cause for concern. I commented that the lump has been painful, which he said is probably because the drugs are hitting it quite hard.
So all in all, pretty positive stuff... I drove home feeling quite uplifted!

The granddaughters arrived yesterday, after a very long drive from south Wales... I am beginning to wonder if that might have been a mistake, but we will see. It's good to have them around, they are quite good fun most of the time... I love kids but I am not sure I could eat a whole one!