Pages

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Hormonal - me?

Another appointment with the Great Man today - just a brief one, very early in the morning as I was in and out in a few minutes. The hormone tests have revealed that I am post-menopausal (bet you all wanted to know that!) - this means that the hormone treatment for the next five years will be an aromatase inhibitor called Arimidex rather than Tamoxifen. He wants me to try this for a few months and see how I get on with it, or rather how I get on with the side-effects. He also suggested that I don't start taking in for a couple of weeks, starting to take high doses of Glucosamine Sulphate and Chondroitin which may or may not support my joints. Opinions vary about the effectiveness of this, and the studies that have been done seem not to support the idea... but I was taking it before all this stuff started and I have to say that I am a lot stiffer in the ankles than I used to be when I was taking it.

Anyway, we shall see...
In the meantime, since the Great Man says that I am through the menopause now, please take note that if I am crabby and bad tempered and shout at you, it's officially not down to my hormones; it is just that you have actually annoyed me!

No comments:

Post a Comment