Pages

Thursday 22 December 2011

Holding on

My dear friend is still hanging in there... he's slowly, almost imperceptibly improving... they've stopped sedating him now, although his kidneys have shown no signs of any function at all, so he's still on full-time dialysis at the moment. Hopefully he will start to wake up in the next couple of days - it's been suggested that, knowing him, it will be lunchtime on December 25th... just to make sure everyone gets to know about it! I have to say that it would be the best present any of us could wish for.

This news has cheered me up immeasureably - I got all festive, and the house is now covered in tinsel.  We have a tree - a tiny baby one in a little pot, which would look silly with lights and baubles, it looks pretty perfect as it is... although I have to admit that there are a couple of gold stars... We celebrated the turn of the year last night, with many many candles... but I will be up for celebrating again when I am sure that J is out of danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment