Pages

Monday 16 January 2012

Exciting times

At least the start of such things... We - that is M - had a busy Sunday* ensuring that there was a clear path for the scaffolders who arrived this morning at 10. They were scheduled to arrive some time between 8 and 11, but as predicted they arrived just as I was sitting down to the first meeting of the day. I was extremely glad that M was still at home to point them in the right direction - asking a customer to wait a few minutes while I sorted them out didn't seem a terribly professional approach!
They came, they scaffolded, and they went away... the job was done in about an hour, and there is the BIGGEST ladder I have ever seen leaning against the back wall of our house. Fortunately there is absolutely no way for any miscreants to get access to our back garden without climbing at least two 6ft+ fences, unless they come through the house or garage, so I think it's all pretty safe. The Solar Team arrive tomorrow at about 8 to start their installation - fortunately there are no customer meetings scheduled - they expect to have the panels up and installed by the end of tomorrow, and there may be a bit more to do the next day, but by the end of Wednesday we should be generating our own lovely free electricity!!!

In the meantime, I have done a little bit of playing with my new toy... as part of the excitement, I sent the artwork for the logo we use for our boat to a company who does digitising. You can't just give a .jpg file or a drawing to the sewing machine, it has to be turned into a proper control file which contains all the instructions about how to stitch it... I do have software to do this wonderful transformation, but it's not easy to do a really good job, and I thought we should invest in getting someone who knows what they are doing on the case. So I did, and here's the result... How cool is that?!?

* I did some work too - laying insulation and floorboards in the loft because Solar Team need to get up there to do clever things with cables and it would be frightfully embarrasing if they fell through the ceiling because I hadn't got around to doing the floorboards... so I did them.

No comments:

Post a Comment