Pages

Tuesday 29 June 2010

Let battle commence!

First actual chemo treatment.
First little job to have a PICC line inserted. This did hurt at first, but once the thing that it goes through was in then there was a local anaesthetic, so after that it was all painless. A swift x-ray to see that it was in the right place, yank it out a cm as it's a bit too far, then that will be fine.
Then the drugs - a cocktail of drugs called FEC-T - FEC for the first three cycles, then the T for the last three. I won't attempt to spell them from memory!
We left the hospital at 6pm, and ended up going to supper at the Sis & Bruv in laws - by that time I wasn't really up to eating much as I felt fairly ill, so we went home and I crawled into bed as soon as I got there.
It does make your pee a very odd colour though!