Pages

Tuesday 13 July 2010

The monster awakes

Work woke up today... actually it woke up just as I was heading into hospital on Thursday but the Bilberry was flat and I didn't see the message until this morning. It's been agreed we will fix our customer's problem pending further contract negotiations...
Trouble is that in the meantime my access to the customer's network has been revoked and it will take some effort and time to get it reinstated. Hey ho.
The new injections that are to clear the clotting around the PICC line sting like a stingy thing as they go in and leave rather nasty bruises - two weeks of this and there will be no clear site left to stuff them into. I guess that being an anti-coagulant bruising shouldn't be a surprise to me... However, I note that they contain lactose, so will have to ask the Great Man if he can prescribe something else.
It's amazing how hard it is to avoid dairy products. A dramatic gesture of pouring away the milk was one thing - but the super-healthy no-added-sugar muesli from the supermarket contains a large percentage of skimmed milk powder - why? Anyway, there was a quick trip to our shiny new healthfood shop in town to buy a bag of their milk-free muesli and some houmous to replace the cheese on my lunchtime crackers.
I think what is left of my hair is starting to let go...

No comments:

Post a Comment