Pages

Monday 12 July 2010

Sleepy

Sleepy sort of day. Walked back from town - needed some exercise after days of being cooped up in a small hospital room.
Various friends have been offering me advice about alternatives to some of the things the hospital give me...nothing too dramatic, herbal products to replace the chemical laxatives and so on. I have been reading a book which appears broadly sensible which advocates several lifestyle changes for those living with cancer. The primary change seems to be removing dairy products from the diet. It seems that the incidence of breast cancer in the far east is very low, even in the big towns - including Nagasaki and Hiroshima. The difference seems to be the use of dairy products which just don't feature at all. So I think I will cut out the small amount of dairy I do use - I have been having tea with milk recently, and cheese will be hard to give up, but there seems to be some basis for the recommendation.
Time for rest I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment