Pages

Monday 12 July 2010

Saturday morning

The nurses took the cannula out of my right arm first thing in the morning - the PICC line was working fine, so at least only one arm hampered now. I asked Sir to bring my laptop in for me so I could at least communicate with the world - he arrived with this around 11.30, just about the time the doctor arrived to be faced with two bald people - "So who's the patient then?" - the one in the nightie you fool!
She said that I could go home that afternoon, once the drugs they had ordered arrived from the pharmacy, which would be a couple of hours. Sir then ambled off to do his stuff, expecting to come and collect me mid afternoon, so I started to get the PC set up... ten minutes later the nurse came and said that the drugs would not be there until morning and actually I could go home straight away and pick them up tomorrow...
So I rang my brother, who just happened passing on the way to meet up with dear husband, and he and his family came and rescued me!

Oh yeah - just for a laugh - when I was talking to the doctor she said that the GCSF (which is to build the white cell count) that I had been injecting myself with can cause pain... she demonstrated by sweeping her hands across the small of the back and said "it can spread out and can be quite severe"... so like as not what I had been suffering was a side effect of yet another drug. So likely to be the same next time.... Wonderful. But, as people keep reminding me, it's better than the alternative!

No comments:

Post a Comment