Pages

Thursday 1 July 2010

Trying to be a bit normal

Still ropey - stinking headache. They said I can take painkillers as long as I am sure that I have no temperature and am not masking an infection. I didn't think my immune system should be so low yet but took temp anyway, nice and low at 36.3. Took ibuprofen which didn't touch the headache, so a miserable six hours until I could take some paracetemol.
Things improved over the day though, and by supper time I was just wiped out and the headache and sickness weren't so bad.
Went out in the morning to see the man from the local scanner appeal committee, now have posters, collecting buckets and sponsorship forms... It seems as though the shave in must happen next Friday as the hair will be starting to go soon after that and I would rather it was removed than found laying on the pillow...

A few words about what the cancer is.
A grade 3 cancer refers to the potential for development, rather than the stage it's at. Mine is a primary - which means it's the first incidence of cancer, not something spawned by another one. It's early stage, and there is no evidence to suggest that it has spread anywhere else. I have been fairly comprehensively scanned to check this out. Grade three means that it will spread, and quickly, if left alone, so it's important that it's attacked as quick as possible - which it happening now, and is why, strangely, I feel really good about feeling this bad, as it means that stuff is happening... So don't panic - they tell me this is perfectly fixable, and that by Yuletide it will all be done and dusted... I have no reason not to believe this, so it's what I am taking as gospel. Of course doubts creep in, and it gets a bit flaky sometimes, but I have to hang on to what the folks who do this every day tell me - that they can rebuild me and it won't even cost six million dollars!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know once you sort out the details of the head shave, there's a lot of online places you can register so us online folk can donate and I'll pass it around and help raise some more.

    ReplyDelete