Pages

Saturday 28 August 2010

New chapter

Now officially unemployed...
Went to pub last night and had three (THREE) glasses of wine! Let off driving duties on the basis of being newly unemployed...
We have decided we might just take a few days out over the next couple of weeks - chuck the tent in the care and go and drive around for a while. Maybe down to Devonshire to see the cousins, round Wales to see the grandbrats, up to the border with the North Country to see friends on their farm before the days start to shorten... see what happens. It will be nice to just chill for a few days and not worry about things.I can be free for a week and if I can arrange a way to get my PICC line flushed somewhere on the way maybe more... unless we go west for a few days then come back here on the way north to go to the clinic. I will ask the hospital what the scope is for stopping off at some random hospital along the way to get it done... When the treatment is all over we may go and drive around europe for a couple of weeks, go see friends in Germany, maybe even get to see the family in Switzerland, who knows?
The work laptop is now cleared down and in its bag, the bilberry is still switched on just in case they decide to call me - I mailed the admins to ask them to use my personal mail account to tell me when the courier is coming to pick all the kit up (since it seems pointless for me to drive 120 miles round trip to dump it at their office and then have to put in an expense claim) since I assume that the work mail account will have been disabled by now - the phone may continue to work I guess. I asked for the courier to be arranged for Thursday as Tues and Weds are all filled with hospital, I will leave the phone switched on until Wednesday evening before I pack it up for collection just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment