Pages

Thursday 9 September 2010

Another day in paradise

Yep, still here.
They actually did my 2-hourly observations every two hours all the way through the night - every time I got settled they came back and woke me up, so I was pretty wretched by 7am when the day began once more. Yet another hole in me to take more blood... the damage to my veins the last day or so is extensive and some of the bruising is quite tender - hopefully it will all recover in a day or two.
It seems that they are now happy that the PICC line is ok, and they will start using it for the next antibiotics. This is a good thing, hopefully they will take the cannula out of the right hand soon - probably not until they have actually used the PICC in earnest at least once, as I am running out of places they can stick needles and at least this one works.
The coffee here is mediocre instant stuff - I have now noticed how mediocre it is, which means that my sense of taste is returning. The soup offered today at lunch was orange, rather than yellow, but it was described as "Carrot" which is indeed what it tasted of - lovely & buttery...
Next antibiotics here, more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment