Pages

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Dull dull dull

Yep, everything is dull. Nothing tastes of anything which is very sad, but I guess if that's my worst complaint I have got off lightly. Appetite is pretty low, although I can eat I am suffering rather badly from heartburn.
I constantly feel as though I have just had a dose of flu - achey and tired. I managed to go all of yesterday without needing a nap which was good, although by 9pm I was pretty wasted. I've been taking paracetemol every six hours, and I got involved in cooking about 6 so didn't take any until nearly 7.30 and still felt reasonable (in comparison). I didn't take anything at midnight and boy did I feel ropey this morning. I decided to try ibuprofen for a change and they seem to have acted more quickly than the paracetamol - or perhaps I am just feeling better, who knows?
This is day 7 of the chemo cycle, which means that today's GCS-F (the thing to boost my immune system) will be number 6 - that starts to affect me after about day 7 so we shall see what that adds to the mix tomorrow.
It's just been suggested that we could go sailing this weekend - there's an event on that would be a reasonable daysail (depending on tides of course) to get there and would probably be quite fun, as long as I am feeling up to it. Might be able to persuade some crew along I guess but we haven't had great success in that in the past - people promising to come then can't make it for one reason or another. Some friends of ours are likely to be sailing in the area too, since their sunshine holiday was cancelled due to the demise of a travel company they have decided to make use of the asset they have (ie a boat) and enjoy the south coast of England instead of some foreign shore. I think we will try and give it a go, if nothing as a protest about cancer getting in the way of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment