Pages

Thursday 9 September 2010

Paradise lost (part 2)

Visiting time seems to have tailed off... dear husband came in to console me but has escaped now, with firm instructions to make a passage plan for tomorrow...
There was a moment of horror when the lady in the far corner suddenly started spraying perfume around - I thought this odd and started to cough as the very sweet aroma met me... I didn't connect the activity with the closing of the curtains around the bed in the corner, nor the arrival of a Health Care Assistant pushing a commode... The connection made itself obvious fairly quickly and the atmosphere became just too much for me, so we made our excuses and legged it to the corridor for half an hour.

The rest of the ladies have now decided to forcibly bring me into the community - well, when I say the rest I mean that there are two who are even slightly mobile and able to string a sentence together without shouting, who seem to constitute the community. I think it is still going to be a long night...

No comments:

Post a Comment