Pages

Monday 22 November 2010

Away with the fairies...

I managed to get an appointment to see my GP at 9.40, which is a pretty good achievement on a Monday! I walked round to the surgery - I am not supposed to drive for two weeks after the surgery, which will be a bit of a trial. As it happens the in-laws' car is broken so they are borrowing ours for the week - that will at least remove the temptation to try a short drive. Mum-in-law has promised to ferry me anywhere that I need, which will certainly include the hospital appointment on Friday and hopefully an interview some time soon... Anyway, I staggered to the docs and he kindly prescribed some 30mg codeine.
These put me to sleep. At least something did - maybe it was walking to the shops and back that wore me out and the codeine just finished me off, but I spent half the day dozing, which wasn't in the plan. Still a bit weary, just taken the next dose of everything, I guess I will sleep tonight. Still in a fair bit of pain, and very stiff - I do need to loosen the shoulder up so that I can get my arm up above my head, otherwise the radiotherapists won't be able to get me where they need me. That won't be for a little while I guess though so I have some time.

I made an appointment with Look Good Feel Better today - this is a fantastic charity, supported by the cosmetics and skincare industry, which provides workshops for ladies who have been diagnosed with cancer, giving advice and techniques for dealing with the effects of chemotherapy and the rest of the treatment on the appearance. It is a bit dispiriting to look in the mirror and see no eyelashes and eyebrows, and it is a bit difficult to work out what to do when armed only with a kohl pencil. Mascara doesn't help when there are no lashes there... Anyway, I have an appointment in January - they shut down in December as many of their consultants work for the major cosmetics companies and can't get the time off for this work in the run up to the festive season.

No comments:

Post a Comment